Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chilly mid-morning

I meant to get out in the frost at dawn, but I only made it outside by mid-morning. The alpacas were outside munching on hay. Their wool is already so thick they were probably too warm.


The babies still have short hair and need an extra coat.


I walked around the pond in search of color and I found this odd weed trying to spread its seeds.

The pond is usually crowded with frogs, turtles, insects, and the occasional rodent but I only found this mallard. As I circled the pond he always move to the opposite side trying to keep the island between us.

This stuff has been growing on my apple tree for a few years, but it doesn't seem to bother the tree so I leave it alone.

I did find some color in a tree. It's leaves are turning red one branch at a time.



These last two pictures are of a "smoke tree" that blooms with a purple web in the spring. I'll mark my calendar to take pictures then. I'm fascinated by the water on the leaves-- it is the frost just melted.



4 comments:

  1. Dave!

    What incredible shots!

    I love that you caught the alpacas in the moment.

    Out of all of these my absolute favorites are the 5th and 6th one!

    Just gorgeous!

    (You should consider putting these up for sale!)

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean-
    Thank you, sir. I think alpacas are always "in the moment"... it's just their nature. And it makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, all of those were wonderful pictures but I have to say the moss and the smoke tree(was that the name of it?) Were my favorites!
    I loved the up close details of the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the duck too. Who doesn't love ducks?

    ReplyDelete